Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best looking General Aviation plane of all time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best looking General Aviation plane of all time?

Rather than continue to hijack Dan's 172 thread, I thought I would move the discussion of "best looking" private plane over to a new thread. Cameron and I are both fans of the original 172 (though I'm more accepting of the late swept tail and the Cutlass's retractable gear). That being said, I think the North American Navion is right up there among the very best looking gen av private planes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ryanNavion-bia.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	154.1 KB
ID:	989
    2011 Suzuki Kizashi GTS Sport 6MT • 2002 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 Lariat
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RS-S • 1974 Honda CL125S • "Bultakenstein" – 1977 Bultaco Roadster (project)

Great thread idea. I'd like to nominate the Ercoupe as another beautiful aircraft. Beth is fond of them too; she calls them "Ercute." The tail reminds me just a bit of the Lockheed Super Constellation.
    Originally posted by Dan
    My name is Edward

Comment

Now, Cam, you have to admit that the swept tail suits the big 210 Centurion – so clean, with that fully cantilevered wing. The pressurized version, with those small side windows, is even more special. The fact that it's so impressive and capable an airplane doesn't hurt my assessment, either. To me, growing up, this was the Cadillac De Ville or Lincoln Continental of aircraft— what you got when you were successful enough to get whatever you want.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Steve_Isaacs_P210_lead.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	993
      2011 Suzuki Kizashi GTS Sport 6MT • 2002 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 Lariat
      2013 Can-Am Spyder RS-S • 1974 Honda CL125S • "Bultakenstein" – 1977 Bultaco Roadster (project)

Comment

Originally posted by Tanshanomi View Post
        To me, growing up, this was the Cadillac De Ville or Lincoln Continental of aircraft— what you got when you were successful enough to get whatever you want.
        That aircraft, to me, would be the Mooney M20. That "backwards" tail drives me nuts.

Also, that Centurion is gorgeous. I just get weirded out by the smaller Cessnas with retractable gear.

Originally posted by Dan
        My name is Edward

Comment

North American P-51 Mustang everytime i drew a plane as a kid i was drawing these without knowing it.

Comment

Working...
          X