Vintage Gaming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Gaming

Cameron you're slacking! I thought you would have made this thread already!

Understanding that the definition of "vintage" in regards to video games will widely vary among us, I still greatly enjoy playing video games the world has otherwise long since forgotten about.

Currently in my PS2 (you can absolutely still buy one brand-new on eBay for a reasonable price) is Need for Speed: High Stakes. I also still play Gran Turismo 4, GTA III, and GTA San Andreas regularly.

While it's easy to fall in the trap of "these graphics are terrible and I can't tolerate them anymore," I am actually thoroughly enjoying revisiting these games with adult experience, and actually feel that I'm better at them now than when they were new, when I was still a clumsy kid.

What about you guys?
    First and foremost, forever and always, a car guy.
    2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK - 5spd, JDM, RHD
    2017 Ford Mustang EcoBoost - 6spd, Performance Pack
    "Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

all the games I like are old. Best FPS ever made was Half Life 2 and it's extensions. I still play Fallout: New Vegas (with a bunch of mods) regularly as well. And sometimes Borderlands 2.
    1995 Volvo 854 GLT S H I T B O X

Comment

My basement is chock full of retro games. Somewhat recently, I bought Sega Bass Fishing on Xbox Live and I cleared all the achievements, beat arcade mode in one credit one time, caught fish one ounce below the maximum weight three times, and got into the top 1000 ranked fishermen.
      Originally posted by Dan
      My name is Edward

Comment

My Dad started me on a lot of games he played as a kid (SNES, PS1, etc.) that would be considered vintage classics. Heck I still have a copy of the emulator ZSNES from back when I used to play retro games like Legend of Zelda: A link to the past, Final Fantasy, Secret of Mana, and Super Mario World.

Now a days I play a lot TF2; even though it isn't really vintage it certainly isn't new. I've had a fair amount of fun on a lot of Valve's games. It's weird to see how far video games have come in such a relatively short amount of time (In the grand scheme of things).

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ceil View Post
          My Dad started me on a lot of games he played as a kid (SNES, PS1, etc.) that would be considered vintage classics. Heck I still have a copy of the emulator ZSNES from back when I used to play retro games like Legend of Zelda: A link to the past, Final Fantasy, Secret of Mana, and Super Mario World.

Now a days I play a lot TF2; even though it isn't really vintage it certainly isn't new. I've had a fair amount of fun on a lot of Valve's games. It's weird to see how far video games have come in such a relatively short amount of time (In the grand scheme of things).
          I used to enjoy TF2; I'm glad people still play! I know what you mean about it being somewhere between old and new. I't's damn close to being "retro" now.

On a related note, I just started playing through GTA III again, and it's a lot of fun, but boy has that franchise come a long way!
          Originally posted by Dan
          My name is Edward

Comment

Working...
          X