What is your diecast of choice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your diecast of choice?

What are your favorite diecast cars? I really like 1/18 scale cars that have some meaning to me. I've owned BMWs and I really like them, so I bought this fantastic Kyosho M3 Competition. I also like Russian cars (I studied Russian in college), and different cars I've owned or would like to own. That's a broad range. But, I'm not into everything. How about you?

1/18 is my scale of choice. I don't have a particular theme, but in general I stay away from race cars. If I had to claim a theme, though, it would be big luxury cars, i.e. Cadillac, Mercedes, Audi, etc.

Comment

I also prefer 1/18, mainly Japanese cars (inb4 weeabo) with a side interest in various proper station wagons (no 5 door hatchbacks labeled as wagons) and Sunstars limousines.

Comment

For in my cube at work 1/64 because i can have a fleet in a small space, at home im about that 1/18, got the maroon one for 35 dollars cause the seller misspelled the crap out of it. The black chrome one is t-tops and i showed how dense i was and got into a bidding war to get it.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Trailerpark SuperSport; 08-09-2018, 12:51 AM. Reason: words

Comment

Are those both the Ertl Authentics? If so, $35 is a nice price. That might be cheaper than when they were new.

Comment

I used to like 1/18 as a kid, but lately I love the detail and space savings of 1/43rds.
            2004 WRX daily
            1999 Montero, occasional daily
            1991 Galant VR4 #801/2000
            1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Comment

Originally posted by Pillarless Coupe View Post
              Are those both the Ertl Authentics? If so, $35 is a nice price. That might be cheaper than when they were new.
              yes they are ertl 35 was a fantastic price the other one though at 140 was a bit less sane, but the heart wants what it wants

Comment

1/64 all the way. We are in the midst of a 1/64 revolution. The detail coming out these days is ridiculous. Tarmac Works, CMS, TLV and others are making some damn good stuff at great prices. Remember....these are hot wheels sized cars!

Comment

This is a Maisto. Frosted thinks they are all junk, but he's not 100% right. I like this one. It had a cheap interior, but it's still pretty to look at. 1/18 scale.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosqvich View Post
                    This is a Maisto. Frosted thinks they are all junk, but he's not 100% right. I like this one. It had a cheap interior, but it's still pretty to look at. 1/18 scale.
                    Details like...no brake calipers really let the lower end cars down though. The scale looks good, the paint looks nice, but such a glaring omission is hard not to notice.

Comment

If the newer stuff is more and more resin, do we still call them diecast? Tarmac works is killing it lately.
                      2004 WRX daily
                      1999 Montero, occasional daily
                      1991 Galant VR4 #801/2000
                      1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Comment

1:64, I can buy them with beer and Pop Tarts for pretty much $1-$5.

Comment

Originally posted by dashjde View Post
                          1:64, I can buy them with beer and Pop Tarts for pretty much $1-$5.
                          Exactly, and they can still evoke in your imagination what it'd be like to drive one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosqvich View Post

Exactly, and they can still evoke in your imagination what it'd be like to drive one.
                            Only if you make the right noises while you push them around on the carpet.
                            Originally posted by Dan
                            My name is Edward

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron View Post
                              Only if you make the right noises while you push them around on the carpet.
                              That's why I like the imaginary Hot Wheels cars. Nobody can tell you that you're making the wrong noises.
                              2011 Suzuki Kizashi GTS Sport 6MT • 2002 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 Lariat
                              2013 Can-Am Spyder RS-S • 1974 Honda CL125S • "Bultakenstein" – 1977 Bultaco Roadster (project)

Comment

Working...
                              X