No announcement yet.

87 monte carlo Super Sport

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so every day this summer i was driving the car that i could and one day at lunch it wouldnt start, seems the summit racing brand starter decided it didn't need all the bolts any more and blew itself apart when i tried to start it, one more use of AAA this year

Comment

fortunately summit honored the warranty and gave me credit towards a powermaster branded version of the summit on that blew apart, as soon as i flipped the key to me this new starter sounded better in every way. that saturday we got it replaced we went out cruising in search of a old chevy dealership not to far from me and we eventually found it, it closed its doors years back but remains empty.

Comment

afterwork cruising

Comment

we had a cars and coffee at work here's a few more pictures

Comment

Look at that shit-eatin' grin on your face. You know what's up.
            Originally posted by Dan
            My name is Edward

Comment

so dyno time was kinda disappointing, i only make 255 at the wheels if i can get the fi-tech to tune i know i will go more towards 270 wheel but ive decided its stroker kit time all forged internals crank rods and pistons im thinking im going to take this 350 to a 395 and since its all forged internals once i get this first round of things paid off, i want to get the stroker bit weight matched and balanced and knife edged to make for a higher rpm motor going with that i found a cam that has a power band to 6400 with better valve springs, my only worry then is then i anticipate 10.8:1 and i couldn't boost it to hard in the future if i do this. i suppose i could run like 5- pounds of boost well enough on race gas but time will tell. here's some gratuitous tire killing from my weaksauce current 350.

Comment

got the calipers brackets and adapters, just gotta order the hawk pads and rotors and i think im going to try out the skf x-tracker wheel bearings from what i'm reading they are a lower rolling resistance that are supposed to be stronger and my base cheap as i could find summit racing brand ones are getting a shade noisy and one saide takes more effort than the other.

Comment

after working with ray over at eagle, gonne do their 395 stroker kit and the armor coating with all forged guts so i can wing this thing out and not worry about it.
                  cause if there's one thing i've learned in life it's adding displacement equals happiness, i've never seen a sad person driving something the size of a big block.

ordered up a al overflow tank while i was there cause im sick of seeing that crappy piece of leaky gm plastic under the hood.

Last edited by Trailerpark SuperSport; 02-24-2019, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X