Cam's Writing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam's Writing

I'll use this thread to post articles I'm particularly proud of as they're released. I'm more than happy to hear any feedback, suggestions, or ideas!

Bimmerlife - Falling In Love With A 318ti
    Originally posted by Dan
    My name is Edward

gotta say im with you i saw one of those for the first time watching nurburgring videos next day at work im like you wtf is this sawn off 3 series thing. i would love to build one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by Trailerpark SuperSport View Post
      gotta say im with you i saw one of those for the first time watching nurburgring videos next day at work im like you wtf is this sawn off 3 series thing. i would love to build one of those.
      They're mechanically identical to a Z3 (E36 front suspension/E30 rear suspension) which means that a late Z3M drivetrain would swap right in, S54 and all. That's the dream.
      Originally posted by Dan
      My name is Edward

Comment

I caught the Stanza article in Autoweek. Great work.
        2004 WRX daily
        1999 Montero, occasional daily
        1991 Galant VR4 #801/2000
        1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Comment

Thanks man! Still waiting for my copy.
          Originally posted by Dan
          My name is Edward

Comment

This week: Yuppie's Cleanest Damn Garage in Town
            If there’s one thing I have learned in my life of working on cars, it’s that cleanliness and organization are simultaneously the most important and yet most overlooked factors in a project. In fact, I believe that a project’s relative success is often directly correlated with the relative levels of cleanliness and organization in the garage that houses it. To that end, I’ve decided to share some advice to keep your garage tidy and your …
            Originally posted by Dan
            My name is Edward

Comment

This week: Situation Under Control
              When you’re dealing with a car with over 100,000 miles on the odometer (or over 200,000 in this case), it’s often the most basic maintenance operations that account for the most dramatic improvements. I will always stress maintenance over modifications to my dying breath, and the 318ti, which you’re no doubt familiar with by now, is a shining example of this ethos. Of course this car will one day be treated to a set of …
              Originally posted by Dan
              My name is Edward

Comment

I'll be curious what you think of our 318ti whenever you're out this way.

Comment

Originally posted by Whizbang View Post
                  I'll be curious what you think of our 318ti whenever you're out this way.
                  I'm interested in driving it for sure. What kind of racing are you planning on doing with it? Need a co-driver?
                  Originally posted by Dan
                  My name is Edward

Comment

Stage rally. It's mostly to not destroy Lina's the 2002. Might serve as a backup for my rx7 too. That said I totally need a codriver looking into the future .

Comment

Stage rally. It's mostly to not destroy Lina's the 2002. Might serve as a backup for my rx7 too. That said I totally need a codriver looking into the future .
                      Keep me in mind, please. Looking to do my first Lemons race next month, and build a car to run a full circle track season next year with some dirt oval events thrown in.
                      Originally posted by Dan
                      My name is Edward

Comment

Do you get car sick?

Comment

Do you get car sick?
                          No, unless I'm trying to read a book or something. I just get a headache.
                          Originally posted by Dan
                          My name is Edward

Comment

Well, reading notes is kinda like reading a book I guess. I think you need to check out the Souther Ohio Forest Rally next time it runs

Comment

Well, reading notes is kinda like reading a book I guess. I think you need to check out the Souther Ohio Forest Rally next time it runs
                              That I could handle. I've navigated on point-to-point road rallies before.
                              Originally posted by Dan
                              My name is Edward

Comment

Working...
                              X