No announcement yet.

Cam's Writing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah yea that should be fine then. How tall are you and would you be willing to own your own safety gear?

Comment

Originally posted by Whizbang View Post
      Ah yea that should be fine then. How tall are you and would you be willing to own your own safety gear?
      I'm 5'10" and god willing I'm buying a suit, helmet, gloves, and shoes within the next month.
      Originally posted by Dan
      My name is Edward

Comment

This week: Airplanes!
        If there’s two things I’m good at, it’s approaching — but never quite reaching — a measure of urbane sophistication (hence the name of this column), and getting in way over my head on a given project. To that end, I’ve made the strange decision to rent a hangar at a local airfield. If that’s not diving in both feet first, I don’t know what is (incidentally, diving in feet first is how you apply …
        Originally posted by Dan
        My name is Edward

Comment

My Autoweek article is online! I'm so proud of this one.
          With a few exceptions, I’ve never really sought out a particular car as a project—cars tend to find me, and I’m all too eager to try something new or take on something others have ...
          Originally posted by Dan
          My name is Edward

Comment

This month on Bimmerlife: parts car pitfalls.
            Tax refund season is like a second Christmas, a holiday where good little boys and girls who paid their taxes get some of them back. Depending on who you ask, it’s simply the government repaying an interest-free loan, but I like to keep a more positive outlook. Having friends in the car hobby around tax season is a lot like being a kid talking about your list to Santa during your lunch period. While my …
            Originally posted by Dan
            My name is Edward

Comment

This week on Bimmerlife: A call-out post, of sorts.
              There’s an upsetting trend in automotive journalism that has grown like a cancer across the online automotive community: excessive negativity. A new generation of writers has come up, eager to show editors and readers alike what they’ve got, and prove themselves as deserving of their attention and respect. A combination of a postmodern cultural shift and a desire to hide a lack of knowledge and experience — we’ll call it pride — has resulted in …
              Originally posted by Dan
              My name is Edward

Comment

This week on BimmerLife: crankshaft yankers.
                On New Year’s Eve, 2016, my girlfriend and I closed on our first home. To get to that point, we had done a master’s thesis worth of research, and spoke to as many other homeowners and relatives as we could. There was one thing, however, that nobody warned us about. A curious thing happens when you buy a home. Much like the woeful tales shared by many a lottery winner, people come out of the …
                Originally posted by Dan
                My name is Edward

Comment

A Porsche for the skies: the Mooney M20J PFM.
                  The ups and downs of Porsche's Eighties aircraft engine division helped lead the way to perfecting its automobiles.
                  Originally posted by Dan
                  My name is Edward

Comment

Bimmer Runner 2038. Coming to theaters never.
                    We’re utterly powerless to stop the endless forward march of time. Cars that I lusted after as a kid (and that many of my readers bought new) are readily available for a couple of grand. Depreciation hits luxury brands harder than most, it seems, and that’s always in the back of my head when I look at newer cars. This got me thinking about my current favorite non-M BMW, the i3. Like a certain other …
                    Originally posted by Dan
                    My name is Edward

Comment

I'm so pleased and excited to announce that I've begun writing for The Drive. It's an incredible privilege, an amazing opportunity, and I get to join the ranks of some very talented people. It's humbling.

More exciting than that, though: De Tomaso might be coming back, and they might be bringing pop-up headlights with them
                      We can only hope that pop-up headlights are also coming back with it.
                      Originally posted by Dan
                      My name is Edward

Comment

Working...
                      X